Saturday 25 February 2012

Stay True to Yourself

I  am kind of passionate about this topic becos its something I always pondered on right from when I was a teenager. Do I conform to the pressures from peers/society just to fit into a certain stereotype or do I be myself. Do I buy expensive clothes and accessories I truly cant afford just to gain “popularity”. Do I do all I can to look like a photo-shopped, size zero super model I see regularly on the covers of cosmopolitan just to find my “Prince Charming”. Do I have to live a farce for a life just to be accepted into a certain “class”, basically and generally what I’d call “faking the funk” or do I just let my true personality shine through and be accepted by whoever deems me worthy…

I can say that am fortunate I didn’t have to “fake the funk” becos in growing older, getting more mature and having a better understanding of the word of God and His ways, I have come to realise that there is so much more to life than all these things. In saying this, we must remember that there are basic attributes a lady must have; looking good and decent, well mannered and cultured, smelling great and well groomed.

Am 31 going on 32, this is me not all photo-shopped like a super model, nothing close to a size zero and yet I am married to MY “Prince Charming”. I didn’t buy clothes I couldn’t afford and yet I can say I am known by quite a number of people, atleast a number I can manage, and I live a genuinely simple life and still believe I belong to the class of people that God has chosen for me, of  which I must say is a great class.

I may not be living my billion dollar dream life just yet but I am on the right path to living the dream and I didn’t have to change ME to be on this path.


This is a message to the kids (teenagers) out there, girls and boys who are torn between conforming to the pressures from peers/society and portraying their true identity. Its so much easier to be yourself than to be someone else and end up spending the rest of your life trying to remain that person whom you are not.

STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Having a better understanding and being content in spirit really does help, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.

    ReplyDelete