Sunday 19 February 2012

Cartoons of Today


So I sit here watching the cartoon network and I keep wondering what happened between the 90’s and today. The cartoons I am seeing half the time (am not referring to the educative ones mostly shown on cbeebies and the likes) I can’t make head or tail from them, I can’t get any form of moral for kids. The fearful thing about this is the kids have no idea.

This is not to say that there aren’t some great ones being aired. They may not necessarily be educative but they actually make sense and are more pleasant to the eyes. But in general, the new cartoons are so rubbish. If it’s not a boy changing to all sorts of ugly creatures it’s a bunch of aliens always at war in one galaxy or the other, or a cow and chicken being brother and sister and children to human parents who don’t have upper bodies but still find a way to talk and function as normal. I mean tell me what cartoons like these really do for the kids. They are not funny, not pleasant to the eyes, completely daft and senseless and generally poor programmes placed on air for the kids to be entertained with.

I just wish the people who actually choose to make cartoons for the sake of entertaining our lovely children will truly put them into consideration when creating these toons. They should use more of their hearts than their heads.

Children are very impressionable; we need to play our parts in putting appropriate stuff out there that will help stimulate and develop their social and motor skills positively.


No comments:

Post a Comment